Hi friends 💖
Last weeks post was about how to create a habit on feeling good, and one of the techniques I shared was on how to create a Vibe Board (aka mood board).
I love to make these, especially if I go the digital route and use Pinterest to help me 😍
I’ve made Vibe Boards on just about EVERYTHING…not only do I enjoy putting them together, but it activates the habit of clearly searching for things I love.
As a result of looking for things I love in a digital platform, I carry the same habit on to the real world. As I am walking and going about my day, I automatically look for things I am loving about the environment I’m standing in.
When I make a Vibe Board for the purpose of feeling better (or enhancing my mood), I like to first make a list of the things I want to look for.
I use the following categories:
- Senses (site, smell, taste, touch)
- Color palettes
- Lifestyle (like traveling, going to the gym, yoga)
- Home decor (house plants, furniture, etc)
- People I love (could be family, friends, or people I admire)
- Pets/ animals
Once I have written down what my favorites are for each category, I then head on over to Pinterest and start my search.
I like to use the app Collage Maker to insert all the pictures I have found. It makes my board look clean and beautiful. You can change the size and proportions of each image so that it all fits in a way that is pleasing to you when you see it.
This process is VERY satisfying for me, especially since I work creatively, it really sets the tone for the day.
Here is one I made today:
These are my current faves (and vibes) I got going on:
- Colors: lemon yellow, purple, hot pink, silver gray, black
- Textures: canvas/ burlap, metallic/ shiny paint
- Sounds: Jazz Music
- Smells: My new Coco Channel perfume my mom gave me for Christmas (love heeeer!)
- Tastes: COFFEE…actually, cafe con leche! Coconut milk, to be exact.
- Outfits: Lately I’ve been loving New Balance, they have an old school feel to their design
- Lifestyle: I am ALL about traveling! My husband and I started the year on that traveling vibe, already have a few trips planned!
- Home Decor: Candles and plants. I have a few house plants and am working on collecting a few more for around the house.
- Animals: Maybe its my traveling vibe I got going on, but lately I’ve got my eyes on the birds around my home. I live by the water and I LOVE to see them flying by the ocean, makes me feel so peaceful inside
I use a Vibe Board when I’m planning for a trip, an event, for my business, projects, even birthdays and holidays….the list goes on!
I like to think of Vibe Boards as similar to a Vision Board, except the emphasis is more on what feels good, vs. what it is that I want to manifest.
So what exactly are the differences between the 2?
Vision Boards are a visual representation of the things you are wanting to manifest/ make happen into a tangible, thing (for lack of a better word).
Vibe Boards are a visual representation of all the things you LOVE and make you feel good. Key word: FEEL
[DISCLAIMER: Only spend your time creating these boards if they make you feel good in the process. I have created boards in the past where I REALLY WANTED something to manifest, and my focus was on the fact that I didn’t have it yet. The emotion you have while creating them is more important than the actual pictures you select.]
Here is an example of a Vision Board I created for my business:
You’ll notice that some images I chose are of memories that already happened, because they’re pictures of me. You see, the purpose of a Vision Board is to activate within you the emotions of what it would feel like to already have what you want.
These pictures of myself represent a HUGE GOAL I accomplished, and so adding it to the vision of my business really brings me joy because it was the very first goal I made for myself a very long time ago, and represents SUCCESS…in my book!
This is the list I used to create the Vision Board for my business (note this is a small board, one that I keep on my phone):
- Colors: White, hot pink, purples, orange, turquoise, silver gray, black
- Textures: Wood, metallic, paper, canvases, satin
- Outfits: A mix between sporty, glam, with pops of color
- Goals: Maintain and elevate my followers on social media, start a you Tube channel, sell my artwork at selected stores, run a successful online and mobile shop
- Look and feel of the brand: Neo Pop Art with an elegant tone, minimalistic yet colorful, professional, clean
There you have it folks! I sure hope my digital Vibe & Vision boards inspired you in some way to run off and create your own!
Now I would love to hear from you! Do you create Vibe or Vision Boards? If so, please share your process!
If you know someone who would love this idea, please share the love!
Thank you SO MUCH for reading…and I’ll catch you next week!